Heavy Rigid Truck or Bus Driver Training (Synchromesh/Roadranger Gearbox)
Initial Training: $250
Addition Training: $125 / hr
Practical Test : $370
Definition of Heavy Rigid Truck or Bus:
- Heavy Rigid (HR) any motor vehicle (Truck or Bus ) with 3 axles or more and a GVM of more than 8 tonne.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonne GVM.
- Also includes vehicles in MR and LR licence categories.
- This licence will give you an open licence which is required by many transport companies, also many mines require an open licence to gain access to their mines.
Requirements to obtain a HR Truck or Bus Licence:
- Must have held a car Licence for at least 24 months (2 Years) or MR for 12 months.
- Complete a theory test at a Qld Transport Department -10 questions – (if you do not currenty hold an MR licence) (can practice on line at www.transport.qld.gov.au).
- Complete a Qld licence application form (we can supply).
- Become competent with the vehicle (6-10 hours average/competency based).
- Pass a practical driving test at Qld Transport usually using our vehicle.
Click here to contact us